Sweetwater Presbyterian

Small in size, Big in Faith and Love

About Us
Sweetwater Presbyterian Church was established in 1946 as a Mission Church of First Presbyterian Church of Hickory. The sanctuary where services are still held was completed in 1948. In 1946 our Presbyterian Women were organized. 1953 the construction of the educational building was completed and in 1955 the manse was built. In 1968 the Church became self-supporting.
October of 1989 the Session approved the collection of food on the 2nd Sunday of each month and this collection continues.
The fellowship hall was constructed in 2010 and is used extensively for the work and mission of our church.

Sweetwater Presbyterian Church is a member of the Presbytery of Western North Carolina, a part of Presbyterian Church USA.

Sweetwater Presbyterian Church continues to serve the Sweetwater Community, Greater Hickory Area and the world through mission and projects throughout the years










FullSizeRender-13